Friday, March 4, 2011

Not Your Ordinary Man…

Many times I find myself stopping just to take a gaze,
At the man I call my husband, I am blessed in so many ways!
Ten years ago I married a man, but not the ordinary kind,
He’s much more than I ever prayed for, more than I thought I would ever find.
He has shown me what it is to love me like Christ’s church was loved too,
And he works so hard to lead us like so very few men do.
Some days I’m married to Mr. Steady, his ways are tried and true.
Other days it’s Mr. Visionary, with ways that are so new.
He has given me so much freedom to be the Mom God wants me to be,
I get to show our little ones I love them, and staying home has been the key!
He works so hard to present me pure before his risen King,
He honors his vows in every way, like he promised with a ring.
I could have searched the world many times over to find someone more fit to wed,
But I know with all my heart that it is only him to whom my heart was lead.
Reflecting back over the past ten years brings  more joy than I can explain,
I wouldn’t change a single moment, the good, the bad, the pain.
Thankful is what I am that God saw me fit to be a helper just for you,
I want to be even better as God searches me through and through!
I can’t even begin to list the ways that he’s no ordinary man,
But thank you God for giving me Jason as your perfect loving plan.

The next ten years I promise still to love you with all I’ve got,
I would do it again, and again and again, without another thought.
Jason Gantt, you are my husband and I honor you today,
Together with our awesome God, there is no other way.



2 comments:

  1. Great job Karoline! You and Jason are both a blessing.

    ReplyDelete