Monday, April 11, 2011

Will the mother in me please stand up...

Conviction has overcome me lately in so many areas. It has been nice, although uncomfortable at times, to experience a fresh wind. I am thankful that God loves me enough to change my circumstances in order to teach me more about Him and myself!  One area that particularly has stuck with me and I am motivated to improve is my role as a mother to my sweet little Abbagail. Karson and Raleigh are no less important, but my ability to train and equip our little girl is just different. I have something that no other person in the world can give her, and that is the love and example of a mother as we share the same gender. She needs me now more than ever as her little heart is being shaped by everything around her! I have had so many distractions lately, and it has been so convenient to let time pass by with the hopes that soon things will be different- more organized, less to do, less unknowns, more time, more energy, and the list goes on. I have found myself so easily aggravated, and I have had to confess this sin to my family and to God! 

Sunday we attended church with our house church and it was such a wonderful time of worship. The children within the participating families are included in the worship and teaching time, and it is such a wonderful addition to our time together. We were worshiping together, and I got the privilege of watching one of the purest forms of worship I have ever seen. Abbagail danced before her God without worry of those around her and what they might be thinking. I’m sure as the mother of this sweet child, it meant more to me than any other there, but it was precious. She gracefully swayed to the music with hands held high and I was at that very moment drawn to her and given a glimpse of how I bless God when I am pure.

As mothers we have so much to instill in our daughters, but it has to begin with ourselves! Do I smile when I’m working? Do I treat her daddy with the respect that she needs to know and be able to show her husband someday? Am I giving her the time to learn about what I’m doing, or am I just trying to get the task done the easy way? Am I doing what it takes to keep her heart??? I’m not willing to allow her heart to be misled in such a formative stage of her heart, or any other stage for that matter. Her ability to fulfill her calling as a child of God depends on it!

Lord, lead me to what is noble, pure and right! My daughter is watching and I want what I have to give her to be what she finds to be right in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment